From chemical industries lagooning tanks to the primary settling and homogenization or oxidation purification plants tanks the general need is to remove periodically the bottom lees in order to maintain plant efficiency or to evaluate tank sealings.
Tanks usually have remarkable dimesions, they contain significant water volumes and can present accessibility problems. One of the most popular procedure is to transfer all the supernatant in a second tank so the thick sludge is exposed. Next a gully empiters will dilute all the mud deposit using water, vacuum the entire volume and transport it to the appropriate plant. This method non only involve the disposal of large volumes, but also the temporary inability to use the tank.
There is a new revolutionary way that is based on two innovative technologies: TARUA e DRYBOX®. The first replaces the gully empiters and allow, in a single passage, to vacuum, to control the supply volume, to dose and continuously mix on line the additive. The DRYBOX® system will considerably reduce the total volume and allow to work with full tank. There is no need for the personnel to enter the tank so complex security issues can be avoided.
The combination of theese two technologies will solve all the issues about:
- Supernatant displacement. It will often consist of contaminated and difficult to manage water.
- Disposing of large volumes of sluge thanks to the on-site volume reduction due to the DRYBOX® system.
- Fermata della vasca in modo tale che l’azienda possa continuare con le proprie attività.
- Tank usage inability so the company can continue with its activities.
- Arrangement of large yards often complex to handle.